Monday 8 August 2011

Do you like a poem?


Your Shakespeare
Your Shakespeare
By Marvin Bell b. 1937 Marvin Bell

mickey mouse is the link of this poem

If I am sentenced not to talk to you,
and you are sentenced not to talk to me,
then we wear the
clothes of the desert  
serving that sentence, we are the leaves  
trampled underfoot, not even fit to be  
ground in for food, then we are the snow.


If you are not what I take you to be,
and I am not what you take me to be,
then we are the glass the bridegroom smashes,  
the lost tribes underfoot, no one sees,
no one can speak to us, in such seas we
drift in we cannot be saved, we are the rain.


If I am unable to help myself,
and you are unable to help yourself,
then anything will happen but nothing follows,  
we eat constantly but nothing satisfies.
We live, finally, on the simplest notions:
bits of glass in the head’s reticent weather.

I once liked this poem very much when i was in my first year of working somewhere in the Phil, it means so much to me that it made me smile when i remember this. I keep this poem at the bottom of my heart already..as i can remember i fell inlove with a friend, or was it just a pity?...i dont want to dig more about this..just a keepsake anyway.
do you also have a poem you keep at the back of your heart?

i always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment