Friday 3 February 2012

the game called "Luksong Tinik"


Luksong Tinik
how do you say that in english?
Thorn Jump?
Jumping above a thorn?
I dont know...=P

I got this picture from one of my friends in facebook.
i just love this picture.
I used to play this when i was a kid.
This is one of my favorite among other games we used to play.
This used to be my childhood game.
Way back 1980's every afternoon when i saw some of my friends
group together and start playing i tried to sneak out from our house and tiptoed outside to play. I do not know why my parents don't allow us to play outside. I always have 'palo sa puwit' (spank on my butt) when i'm done playing outside.
Until now i wanted to ask -
(Bakit kaya noon ayaw nila kaming paglaruin sa labas..???)

I wonder why kids nowadays don't play this kind of games anymore.
Maybe some kids who lives in rural areas.
I wonder if cellphone, gadgets, ipod, psp, gameboy etc can qualify as a childhood joy? I think physical activities like this is more fun. You get to know your neighbors well, play with them, quarel with them, interact with them.

Anyway, this can be played with a group of 2 with 3 or more members, they will first toast a coin who will play first, then the group who won the toast will play first while the others will sit down and form a bridge using both their arms and feet. The first group who jump will try to win by jumping the highest fingernail bridge and if some members cannot jump that high or touch the leg part or any part of the fingers will then be disqualified but other member who jump without touching the said bridge can still play and replace the other members who didnt make it. If all of them touches the fingertips then it is the chance of other group to play. The score is if all the group can jump without touching then they win the game.

Ah, so simple but it brings joy to a child's heart. No matter how painful bruises we got from playing it is still best to become a child even just once in a lifetime.

One thing - this is a memory to behold.
I guess i can teach my daughter to play this thing.
Will she appreciate it?

duh.
=)

1 comment: